Amnesty International Urges Independent Probe into Bulgaria Migrant Death
Amnesty International has called on Bulgarian authorities for an independent and transparent probe into an incident which claimed the life of a supposedly Afghan migrant not far from the border with Turkey.
Preliminary versions of the Interior Ministry suggest the man died fro his wounds after a bullet fired as a warning shot by border police ricocheted and hit him.
AI's Barbora Cernu??kov? told the Bulgarian National Radio on Saturday it is of key importance to determine whether force had been used by police and whether its reactions with regard to the migrant groups had been "proportionate".
The group of 54 people of which the dead migrant was part might have been looking for asylum and this would suggest measures taken by police were "extreme", Cernu??kov? warned.
Her comments follow calls by the UNCHR for an independent investigation.
“People trying to seek safety across the borders should not be dying with bullets at Europe’s doorsteps," Babar Baloch, the UNHCR spokesperson for Central Europe, was later quoted by the Guardian as saying.
- » MPs Оvercame the Veto of President Rumen Radev on the Мoratorium on New Мedicines
- » 63% of Bulgarians Approve Government's Willingness to Build Belene NPP
- » Sofia Municipality has Terminated an Order for BGN 40 Million for a Priority Project
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
- » 5400 Positions in the Bulgarian Army are Vacant
- » More than 208 000 Unemployed People have Started Work From January to October
When are these human rights organizations going to start doing something about the thousands, if not more Christians beng massacred in Muslim countries? Christians are being ethnically cleansed from their ancestral homelands and NOBODY is doing anything about it - and if the current invasion is not reversed soon, this will be happening in Europe too