UNHCR Condemns Incident with Migrant near Bulgaria's Border
The UN Refugee Agency UNHCR has strongly condemned the shooting which resulted in the death of a migrant near Bulgaria's border with Turkey, its local spokesperson, Boris Cheshirkov, has announced.
"We condemn the fact that the death of an asylum seeker from Afghanistan occurred and that it happened while he was trying to reach safety in Bulgaria and to exert his universal right to seeking asylum," Cheshirkov told the Bulgarian National Radio, also urging an "immediate, thorough, transparent, and independent" investigation into the tragic event.
Earlier, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary, Georgi Kostov, warned that migrants from Afghanistan (such as the total of 54 people of which the victim's group consisted) arrested at the borders are to be extradited to their homeland under FRONTEX regulations.
- » A Tourist was Killed after an Accident in a Cathedral in Florence
- » SUV Plowed into Pedestrians in Kharkiv, Six Died and 11 were Injured
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Spanish Fighter Jet Crashed During Takeoff from the Base, Pilot Killed
- » Famous Maltese Journalist and Blogger Dies in Car Bomb Attack
- » Military Plane Crash in Spain - Casualties Unclear