Ivan Krastev: 'Kremlin Is in Syria for Pedagogical Reasons'
The notion of Russia as a “spoiling power” is a popular sentiment these days in Washington, Ivan Krastev, chairman of Bulgaria-based Center for Liberal Strategies, writes in the The New York Times.
“Is Russia in Syria simply for the sport of watching a humiliated President Obama? Is damaging the value of American power the only purpose of Russia’s “spoiling”?, the author asks.
According to Krastev, Russia “is in Syria for pedagogical reasons”, trying “to teach Americans a lesson”.
What lesson? You can find out when you read here the whole opinion piece here.
- » Tomislav Donchev: In the Istanbul Convention, Society Saw a Great Deal of its Fears
- » For How Long will Housing Prices in Bulgaria Continue to Increase?
- » The West and Russia Stabbed the Kurdish People in the Back
- » Deutsche Welle: Why the EU does not Want to Hurry with Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Ski Resort Construction Causing Irreversible Damage to Pirin
- » Forbes: A 'Climate-Skeptic' Just Took Charge Of EU Environment Policy