Ivan Krastev: 'Kremlin Is in Syria for Pedagogical Reasons'
The notion of Russia as a “spoiling power” is a popular sentiment these days in Washington, Ivan Krastev, chairman of Bulgaria-based Center for Liberal Strategies, writes in the The New York Times.
“Is Russia in Syria simply for the sport of watching a humiliated President Obama? Is damaging the value of American power the only purpose of Russia’s “spoiling”?, the author asks.
According to Krastev, Russia “is in Syria for pedagogical reasons”, trying “to teach Americans a lesson”.
What lesson? You can find out when you read here the whole opinion piece here.
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels