EU Research Chief to Inspect Construction of Sofia Tech Park
Carlos Moedas, European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, arrives Thursday in Sofia to meet with President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and Education Minister Todor Tanev.
Moedas will inspect the ongoing construction of Sofia Tech Park, which is financed with EUR 50 M under operational program Competitiveness, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The main goal of the visit is to present to Prime Minister Borisov the report and the conclusions of the peer review of Bulgaria’s research and innovation system conducted under the Policy Support Facility (PSF).
The PSF is an instrument intended to give EU Member State governments practical support to identify, implement and evaluate those reforms needed to enhance the quality of their public funding, such as opening up public funding to competition and introducing performance assessments of universities, or stimulating cooperation between academia and business.
It is funded under Horizon 2020, the EU research and innovation programme,with up to EUR 20 million.
During his visit to Bulgaria, Moedas will acquaint Bulgarian researchers with the main results of the peer review and the recommendations listed in the report.
He will also take part in a conference on the benefits of the PSF.
- » Conference on Long-term Sustainability and Innovation Infrastructures to Industry and Society
- » International Conference on the Future of Work
- » EU Presidency Puts Lagging Bulgarian Science in the Spotlight
- » The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
- » Fighting "Energy Poverty'' Will be Discussed Today at a Conference, Part of the Program of the Bulgarian EU Presidency
- » International Architecture Forum at the National Palace of Culture Dedicated to the Western Balkans