Bulgarian MPs to Vote on Migration Law Amendments
Lawmakers in Bulgaria's Parliament are due to hold a final vote on amendments to current legislation on migrants.
The move will introduce the notion of "international protection" which adds the terms of "refugee status" and "humanitarian status" in a way conforming Bulgarian legislation to common EU rules.
Last week the EU Commission sent two formal notices to Bulgaria over its failure to apply EU directives on granting asylum, including the minimum standards that should be adopted with regard to several issues such as education, access to the labor market, healthcare, accommodation, etc.
- » Over 120 Snow-cleaning Machines Take Care of the Sofia Streets
- » Reactions in the National Assembly on the Sale of CEZ's Assets in Bulgaria
- » The Minister of Energy Resigned
- » Sofia Municipality will Try to Reduce Advertising in the City Center
- » “Blue Room” for Hearing of Child Victims of Crime Opened in Vratsa
- » Bulgaria's commercial vehicle registrations rise 19% y/y in Jan