Power Distributor CEZ Bulgaria Welcomes New CEO
Karel Kral is the new CEO of power distributor CEZ Bulgaria EAD.
As of October 1, 2015, Kral takes over for Petr Dokladal, who headed the company over the past 5 years, according to a media statement of the power distributor.
Dokladal becomes Regional Manager at CEZ Turkey.
Kral was born in the Czech Republic in 1974. He obtained a degree in economics from the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, the Czech Republic.
He has nearly 20 years of experience in the spheres of financial consultations, telecommunication, information technology, and energy.
He started his career as a consultant at Deloitte Central Europe in 1996.
In 1998 he moved to the sphere of telecommunications, where he was in charge of various aspects of financial control.
In 2009 he joined the management team of CEZ Group.
In January 2013, Kral was appointed CFO of CEZ Romania.
CEZ marked its 10th anniversary in Bulgaria in 2015.
The power distribution company informed in a media statement that it had contributed over BGN 2.5 B to Bulgaria’s economy, including over BGN 1.7 B in the form of taxes, direct investments, and dividends, and BGN 862 M in investments in the modernization and expansion of the grids and in improving service and production.
CEZ Bulgaria said that it had replaced 1/3 of the power grid in western Bulgaria, added over 70 000 new subscribers, reduced technological costs by half, and improved service substantially.
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Negotiate the Construction of the Southern Gas Corridor Today in Baku
- » About 2000 Households are Without Power Supply in NW Bulgaria, Due to Strong Wind
- » The EU's Dependence on Gas Imports will Increase to 83% in 2040
- » CEZ: About 5 000 Subscribers in Western Bulgaria Are Still Left Without Power
- » Rising Urges Bulgaria to Meet Nuclear Power Potential
- » Vucic: Construction of Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection Begins in the Summer