Bulgaria Calls on Croatia to Reopen Checkpoint at Border with Serbia
Bulgaria pleaded with Croatia on Friday to immediately open the Bajakovo crossing at the border with Serbia to Bulgarian-registered motor vehicles or redirect them to other operating checkpoints.
During a meeting with Croatia’s Ambassador Ljerka Alajbeg, the Bulgarian side expressed its serious concern over the closure of border crossings between Croatia and Serbia, the Foreign Ministry in Sofia said in a statement.
The closure of the Bajakovo checkpoint on the main route linking Belgrade and Zagreb does harm to Bulgaria’s economy as Bulgarian passenger and cargo vehicles have remained stranded for days on the two sides of the Croatian-Serbian border, forming long queues, according to the statement.
Around 170 Bulgarian truck drivers are stuck between the Serbian and Croatian borders amid a row between the two countries over the ways to cope with the refugee influx, Sofia-based Nova TV reported on earlier on Friday.
- » EU to Give Turkey More Funding to Extend Migrant Dea
- » Turkey-US Relations do not Depend on Individuals, PM Yıldırım Says After Tillerson Exit
- » Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
- » Pace of Talks with FYROM Slows as Athens Waits
- » Turkish Justice Minister: Chemical Castration not to be Implemented For Every Child Abuse Case
- » Romania's Ruling-Party Boss Strengthens His Grip on Power