Six Bulgarian Cities Participate in Tenth Edition of European Researchers' Night
Six Bulgarian cities are participating in the tenth edition of the European Researchers' Night which is taking place on Friday.
Events will take place simultaneously in 280 cities across Europe and beyond.
The six Bulgarian cities hosting events are Sofia, Plovidv, Varna, Burgas, Ruse and Stara Zagora, daily Dnevnik informs.
As in 2014, this year's edition in Bulgaria is again organised by the British Council, while the funding is provided under the EU Horizon 2020 programme on research and innovation.
Among the Bulgarian participants this year are the centre for innovations of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAN) as well as numerous universities such as New Bulgarian University, Plovdiv University, Plovdiv Medical University, Trakia University, Ruse University and Varna Medical University.
The Czech Centre in Bulgaria, the Union of Scientists in Bulgaria and the Union of Physists in Bulgaria are partners of the event.
The programme of events is different for each of the six cities and can be seen in detail at the website of the British Council.
The National Gallery Square 500 will host the events in Sofia.
The European Researchers' Night attracts one million people annually and provides ordinary people with the opportunity to become scientists for a day, discover different scientific disciplines and above all have fun.
The event offers visitors the chance to meet researchers and take part in science activities which are aimed to demonstrate both the fascination of research as a career and its significant societal impact.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » From 2019, Bulgaria will Vote Electronically in all Elections
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » A Tourist was Killed after an Accident in a Cathedral in Florence
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens