American-English Academy Kicks Off School Year with Fireworks
With fireworks and celebrations, the American English Academy (AEA) has marked the beginning of the new 2015/2016 school year for the 24th time to admit pupils aged between 3 and 18.
The ceremony took place on September 15 in school's yard in the village of Lozen, Sofia. Principal Jesse Haines and her Deputy Tsveta Kamenopolska, alongside teachers, held opening speeches. Traditionally, the ceremony at the American English Academy was launched with the national anthems of Bulgaria and the US.
In this school year, the international school will teach children from 30 different nationalities, among them the US, the UK, Belgium, Italy, Israel, the Czech Republic, New Zealand, Poland, Geeece, France, China, etc. Pupils from Bulgaria will be taught using a bilingual system which will give them parallel Bulgarian and American education with excellent learning of both Bulgarian and English.
On September 15, thirty white pigeons flew in the sky over the school as a symbol of tolerance and understanding among pupils from the 30 different nationalities.
The ceremony ended with an impressive fireworks show which surprised pupils.
- » This Bulgarian Business School Offers Bitcoin Scholarships
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget