Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Shuts Down for Planned Annual Overhaul
Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) was shut down for a planned annual overhaul on Saturday.
During the planned overhaul, the necessary repair works and maintenance of the equipment and the systems of the unit will be carried out.
The reactor will be also recharged with fresh nuclear fuel, the website of the nuclear power plant informs.
The measures are taken in view of increasing the capacity of the reactor to 104 % and the extension of the exploitation period of the unit.
The scheduled activities foresee the replacement of the stator of the reactor.
The planned annual overhaul of unit 6 is foreseen to be completed by the end of October.
The other 1000-megawatt Unit 5 is working at 100 % capacity.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe