Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Shuts Down for Planned Annual Overhaul
Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) was shut down for a planned annual overhaul on Saturday.
During the planned overhaul, the necessary repair works and maintenance of the equipment and the systems of the unit will be carried out.
The reactor will be also recharged with fresh nuclear fuel, the website of the nuclear power plant informs.
The measures are taken in view of increasing the capacity of the reactor to 104 % and the extension of the exploitation period of the unit.
The scheduled activities foresee the replacement of the stator of the reactor.
The planned annual overhaul of unit 6 is foreseen to be completed by the end of October.
The other 1000-megawatt Unit 5 is working at 100 % capacity.
- » Americans will Build a New Electric Plant in Kosovo
- » Russian Gas Supplies to Italy have Resumed
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Bulgargaz Wants to Raise the Gas Price by 3% from January
- » EUR 60 million is the Estimated Value of the Pipeline for the New Gas Connection with Greece
- » Improving Energy Efficiency is One of the Main Goals of Bulgaria