Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Shuts Down for Planned Annual Overhaul
Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) was shut down for a planned annual overhaul on Saturday.
During the planned overhaul, the necessary repair works and maintenance of the equipment and the systems of the unit will be carried out.
The reactor will be also recharged with fresh nuclear fuel, the website of the nuclear power plant informs.
The measures are taken in view of increasing the capacity of the reactor to 104 % and the extension of the exploitation period of the unit.
The scheduled activities foresee the replacement of the stator of the reactor.
The planned annual overhaul of unit 6 is foreseen to be completed by the end of October.
The other 1000-megawatt Unit 5 is working at 100 % capacity.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik