Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven
The number of people detained over the suspected trafficking of the 71 migrants, who were found dead in an abandoned truck in Austria last week, has risen to seven.
The latest arrests were that of a man in Bulgaria and another one in Hungary.
The spokesperson of the prosecutor's office in Eisenstadt, the capital of the Austrian state of Burgenland where the truck was found, did not disclose any further information on the latest arrests, private NOVA TV reports.
All of the suspected traffickers, except the one arrested in Bulgaria, were detained in Hungary.
Authorities believe that the detained men are low-level members of one of the numerous human trafficking gangs functioning in Europe.
The most likely cause of death of the 59 men, eight women and four children, was suffocation.
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs
- » Shooting at Corsica Airport, One Killed and Two Others Injured