Bulgaria Ready to Increase Number of Troops Assisting Border Police
The number of troops dispatched to Bulgaria’s borders will increase, according to Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
In a Friday interview for bTV, Nenchev made clear that the military presence at the border was set to increase due to the unprecedented migration pressure.
He was adamant that the troops would remain at the critical spots as long as necessary, assisting the Border Police and the gendarmerie.
As of Friday, gendarmerie officers will assist Border Police officers at the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
As of Thursday, 25 troops have been dispatched to the Bulgaria-Macedonia border to help Border Police.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov emphasized that the troops sent to the Macedonian border were only authorized to conduct surveillance activities and not to arrest people.
- » Bulgaria to Invite Offers For Delivery of Fighter Jets, Armoured Vehicles by End-March
- » Montenegro will be Guarded by NATO and Greece Aircraft
- » The German Soldiers have no Winter Clothes and Equipment
- » South Korea and the United States will Resume Military Exercises after the Olympics
- » American Warships Entered the Black Sea
- » PM Borisov Wants Cheaper Aircraft and Tanks from the United States
Liberty enlightens, slave tackles...