Bulgarian Gendarmerie to Assist in Guarding Border with Turkey
Bulgaria will deploy on Friday units of the gendarmerie directorate to assist the border police in guarding the country's frontier with Turkey.
The order was issued by Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova, the ministry's press service informs.
The gendarmerie officers with their specialised equipment will join the ranks of the regional directorate of the border police in Elhovo.
They will join the specialised police operation and will be in charge of providing assistance in guarding the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: 'It is Possible for Bulgaria to Become Part of the Schengen Area After a Successful Presidency of the EU Council
- » Number of Refugees in Bulgaria has Decreased Significantly
- » President Rumen Radev: Only E-government Will Meet Public Expectations For Effectiveness, Transparency and Control'
- » National Theater ''Ivan Vazov'' To Be Renovated
- » President Radev: ‘Bulgaria Must Have Long-Term Security Strategy’
- » Bulgaria is Making Positive and Confident Steps Towards the Fulfillment of Almost All Recommendations under the Mechanism for Cooperation and Verification