Bulgarian Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Defeats Reigning World Chess Champion
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov defeated the reigning world champion Magnus Carlsen from Norway at the Sinquefield Cup, which is taking place in St. Louis.
In a match from the opening round of the tournament, Topalov defeated Carlsen, who retired at the 40th move.
The Bulgarian, who played with the black pieces, took an advantage from a mistake of his opponent in the 17th move.
This is his second victory over the world champion in the space of two months after he defeated him at the Norway Chess Supertournament, which the Bulgarian won in June.
In the second round, Topalov is to face Hikaru Nakamura from the US, the Bulgarian starting with the white pieces.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final