Lot 2 of Bulgaria's Struma Motorway to Be Launched by End of October
The traffic on lot 2 of the Struma motorway between the Bulgarian towns of Dupnitsa and Blagoevgrad, will be launched by the end of October.
This was announced by Bulgarian Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova, who inspected the construction works on the section of the motorway on Sunday.
Pavlova stated that 73 % of the construction works on the section have been completed, the ministry's press service informs.
The construction works have been organised in such a way to ensure that there is a full mobilisation of workers and equipment at weekends, using the daylight to complete the section within the announced deadline.
The official opening of lot 4 between the town of Sandanski and the border checkpoint at the village of Kulata will take place in September.
The section of the motorway has been in use since July, with some concluding works being conducted.
- » An Extra Half Degree of Global Warming Could Displace 5 Million People
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Germany Continues to Sell Weapons to Turkey
- » Coca-Cola Hires 130 People for its IT Center in Sofia