Bulgaria's Varna Hosting Love Is Folly Film Festival
The 23rd edition of the annual Love Is Folly film festival kicked off Friday in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna.
Twelve movies from around the globe will be screened as part of the shortlist, and a film made in Uruguay will be featured for the first time in the festival's history.
The event began by screening Losers (2015, Bulgaria) which grabbed main prize at the Moscow International Film Festival this year.
"For years Love is Folly was the only international film festival, taking place in Bulgaria and until recently - the only one with feature film contest," the organizers have said.
"Now we can proudly say that Love is Folly is the doyen of the international film festivals with Bulgarian address. Annually more than 70 feature film titles are included in its program, which comprises an international competition /12 films produced in the last two years/, film panoramas, internationally awarded movies, the hottest upcoming hits, movies of individual authors, schools, trends and national cinematography, retrospectives of Bulgarian cinema."
The full program is available here.
Love is Folly will take place between August 21 and August 30 at the Festival and Congress Center in downtown Varna, meters from the entrance of the Sea Garden.
- » Roger Waters with a New Concert in Bulgaria in 2018
- » 'Inspiration' Festival of the Old Town of Plovdiv Will Run Until 24th of September
- » Two New Banksy Artworks Appear on Wall of Barbican Centre
- » Lady Gaga Canceled her European Tour
- » Bulgarian Film Wins the Award at the World Festival of Animation Cinema
- » Plovdiv Will Host 'Modern Bulgarian Photography' Exhibition