Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
Some 15-30 l/sqm of rain are expected in Bulgaria over the next 24 hours, meteorologists have warned.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences said early on Thursday that in certain regions rainfall may amount to 35 l/sqm (with yearly levels on average measuring around 500-600 l/sqm for most of Bulgaria).
Some forecasts suggest there might be hailstorms in some areas, while others are threatened by local flooding.
Temperatures are expected to be between 24 and 29 on average - up to 10 grades down from the three weeks of sizzling heat.
- » Recorded Earthquake in Ohrid
- » Hurricane Ophelia Knocked Down the Roof of Cork City Stadium (Video)
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny With Temperatures up to 21-26°C
- » Hurricane Ophelia Hit Ireland, Trees have Fallen and Power Lines were Destroyed
- » At Least 54 People Died after Floods and Landslides in Vietnam
- » NIMH: The Weather Will be Mostly Sunny Today