Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
Some 15-30 l/sqm of rain are expected in Bulgaria over the next 24 hours, meteorologists have warned.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences said early on Thursday that in certain regions rainfall may amount to 35 l/sqm (with yearly levels on average measuring around 500-600 l/sqm for most of Bulgaria).
Some forecasts suggest there might be hailstorms in some areas, while others are threatened by local flooding.
Temperatures are expected to be between 24 and 29 on average - up to 10 grades down from the three weeks of sizzling heat.
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO
- » The First Plants Appeared 500 Million Years Ago
- » Clouds With Rain Today, Maximum Temperatures of 4-9°C
- » An Earthquake Shook Britain
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Day Temperatures will Slightly Rise and Maximum Ones will Reach 6-11°C