Bulgarian-born Aerodynamics Engineer Makes Her F1 Dream Come True
Tsvetelina Mavrodieva, a 23-year-old Bulgarian national, has joined the Red Bull Formula 1 racing team as an aerodynamics engineer, making her dream come true.
"In a sport like Formula 1 aerodynamics has a huge impact on the behavior of the car on the track - even more than the engine and transmission," the 23-year-old graduate of the University of Southampton, UK said in an interview on Bulgarian TV channel BNT on Friday.
Mavrodieva studied Aeronautics and Astronautics in Southampton from 2011 to 2015 before applying to join the Red Bull team as an Aerodynamics Engineer. She got the job following two extensive interviews and is the only Bulgarian among the aerodynamics experts led by Red Bull Racing's Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey.
“For me this is a dream come true,” said Mavrodieva, from the town of Belitsa, in southwestern Bulgaria.
Mavrodieva added she has always been a fan of F1 car races.
“The next step I want to make is to help the Red Bull team win the F1 2016 Constructors’ Championship,” she told BNT.
- » Sofia University will Аccept Students in the Specialty "Medicine"
- » Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski is Ranked 855th in the World by URAP
- » A Bomb in a Backpack was Disarmed during a Teaching in Burgas School
- » Bulgarian Students from 1st to 7th Grade will have Access to Electronically Readable Textbooks
- » 40% of Bulgaria's Teachers Will Reach Retirement in 8 years
- » In Eight Years, Almost Half of the Teachers will be Retired