Roderick Moore to Serve as Interim US Chargе d’Affaires in Sofia
The US Embassy in Sofia announced on Wednesady that Roderick Moore will assume duties as the interim charge d'affaires on August 5.
Moore, who was deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy to Bulgaria in 2000-2003, will serve in the new position until the latter part of this year, the embassy said in a statement.
"An announcement on the nomination of a successor to former Ambassador Marcie Ries will be forthcoming from the White House," according to the statement.
Moore's prior diplomatic assignments include U.S. Ambassador to Montenegro, deputy chief of mission at the US Embassy to Serbia, and Principal Deputy High Representative and Brcko District Supervisor at the Office of the High Representative in Sarajevo, in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Most recently Moore has served as State Department Advisor at the Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island.
- » Boyko Borisov will Meet with Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg
- » Bulgarian PM: With Teresa May, We Discussed the Rights of Bulgarians in the UK
- » Putin Stopped by at his "Friend" Erdogan on his Return from the Middle East
- » Head of State Will Take Part in the Summit "One planet", Dedicated to Climate Change
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will be on a Working Visit to London Today
- » Putin will Visit Turkey on December 11th