Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
The Bulgarian reigning football champion Ludogorets signed a contract with one of the most promising players of Sao Paulo – Jonathan Renato Barbosa – Cafu.
The 24-year-old Brazilian, who plays as a winger, joins the Bulgarian team after having played eleven matches for Sao Paulo this season.
In the previous season, Cafu made 32 appearances and scored six goals for another Brazilian side - Ponte Preta.
Cafu expressed happiness with his transfer to Ludogorets, saying that he was coming to a team of world class.
The Brazilian shared his determination to become champion and pointed to his role model as being his fellow national – Neymar.
His transfer, which reportedly amounted to EUR 1.8 M, came under question after Ludogorets ended its participation in the European tournaments early on in the new season.
The Bulgarian team was ousted from the second qualifying round of the Champions League after suffering two defeats to the Moldovan champion Milsami Orhei.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells