Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
Austrian police have stopped a Bulgarian-registerd van packed with 42 migrants, Press Association news agency reported on Sunday.
Police in Lower Austria province arrested the 37-year old Romanian driver of the vehicle.
Migrants said he had driven them from the Serbian-Hungarian border, according to the national news agency for the UK and Ireland.
According to police "some of the Afghan and Syrian citizens showed signs of dehydration” after spending eight hours squeezed into a 6.5 square-meter space inside the van without ventilation in hot summer weather.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria