Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
Austrian police have stopped a Bulgarian-registerd van packed with 42 migrants, Press Association news agency reported on Sunday.
Police in Lower Austria province arrested the 37-year old Romanian driver of the vehicle.
Migrants said he had driven them from the Serbian-Hungarian border, according to the national news agency for the UK and Ireland.
According to police "some of the Afghan and Syrian citizens showed signs of dehydration” after spending eight hours squeezed into a 6.5 square-meter space inside the van without ventilation in hot summer weather.
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs
- » Shooting at Corsica Airport, One Killed and Two Others Injured