Huawei Considers Opening IT Center in Serbia
Chinese tech company Huawei mulls opening an information technology (IT) center in Serbia.
The plans of the Chinese telecommunications company were announced on Monday after a meeting of Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic with Wan Zheng, Vice-President of Huawei, according to Serbia’s Beta news agency.
Nikolic met with a delegation of the company and assured them that Serbia offered a business environment that was attractive to investors from all over the world.
Nikolic pointed out that Chinese companies were already involved in major infrastructure projects in Serbia, adding that this partnership had to continue by all means.
Serbia’s President noted that a Chinese investment in Serbia’s industry would be very useful for both countries.
Nikolic suggested that Huawei could look into the opportunities to build an IT center in Serbia as the country had excellent capabilities and human resources who had been trained in Serbia and abroad.
The Vice-President of Huawei responded to Nikolic’s proposal by saying that the company had been considering the idea for quite some time.Huawei is a leading telecommunications equipment maker on a global scale.
The company has been conducting business operations in Serbia since 2005, cooperating with a number of local companies and institutions, including Telekom Serbia, Telenor, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of the Interior.
- » Venezuela will Release Another Virtual Currency
- » Investments in "Smart" Cities will Reach $ 80 billion in 2018
- » Air France Workers Go on Strike for Pay Hike
- » French President Emmanuel Macron Unveils New Immigration Bill Amid Calls For Protests
- » 14,000 Cigarettes Seized in Anti-tobacco Smuggling Operations across the Country
- » Bulgaria will Host a Joint Business Forum for Foreign Trade of Japan