Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
Former Turkish President Suleyman Demirel died early on Wednesday morning at the age of 90.
Demirel was treated for a respiratory tract infection at the Guven Hospital in Ankara, the BBC reports.
Demirel served as the ninth President of Turkey between 1993 and 2000, had several terms as prime minister and his government was twice deposed by the military.
Demirel led the Justice Party between 1964 and 1990 and was temporarily banned from politics for seven years after a military coup in 1980.
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies