Bulgarian Beekeepers to Stage Protest against Proposed Restrictions on Beehives
Bulgarian beekeepers will stage a protest in front of the Parliament building in Sofia at 1 p.m. on Wednesday over a set of proposed amendments to the Beekeeping Act.
The changes were backed by MPs from center-right party Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) and nationalist party the Patriotic Front, according to reports of Darik radio.
The proposal envisages the introduction of restrictions on the number of beehives in urban localities in Bulgaria.
“Although the amendments were withdrawn a few days ago, we will stage a protest to make sure that they will not be resubmitted to Parliament,” said Mihail Mihaylov, Chair of the Bulgarian Beekeepers’ Union.
Apart from opposing the legal amendments, beekeepers will also call for an extension of the moratorium expiring in 2015 on the use of pesticides considered harmful to bees.
- » Dutch Company Takeaway.com Buys BGMenu for EUR 10.5 Million
- » Nearly 8.9 Million Foreign Tourists Came to Bulgaria in 2017
- » The IMF Insists: Accelerate the Raise of Wages!
- » SurveyThe Most Visited Country in the World is Japan
- » Venezuela will Release Another Virtual Currency
- » Investments in "Smart" Cities will Reach $ 80 billion in 2018