European Royal Families Attend Memorial Service for Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
European royal families attended a memorial service in memory of Prince Kardam, the eldest son of Bulgaria's Last King and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The memorial service was held in Madrid on Monday with his parents Simeon and Dona Margarita Gomez-Acebo y Cejuela, his wife Miriam de Ungria y Lopez and two sons Prince Boris and Prince Beltran accepting the condolences of the guests.
The ceremony was attended by the Spanish royal couple King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia as well as their predecessors King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia.
The Netherlands was represented by King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima and the preceding monarch Queen Beatrix.
Dom Duarte Pio, the closest male relative to Manuel II, the last King of Portugal, also attended the ceremony.
Prince Kardam passed away on April 7 from a lung infection with the funeral ceremony taking place in a close family circle on the next day in the San Isidro cemetery in Madrid.
Kardam passed away after suffering severe injuries in a 2008 car accident in Spain from which he was permanently immobilised and never recovered.
The Bulgarian Patriarch Neophyte held a memorial service marking forty days since his death in the Saint Sedmochislenitsi Church in Sofia in May.
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91