Former Iraqi Deputy PM Tariq Aziz Dies
Tariq Aziz, Iraq's former deputy prime minister and foreign minister, died Friday after suffering a heart attack.
Aziz, 79, was Iraq's foreign minister between 1983 and 1991 and deputy prime minister between 1979 and 2003.
He was sentenced to death by the Iraqi Supreme Court in October 2010 for the persecution of religious parties under the former government but the sentence was never executed, according to reports of the BBC News.
Aziz surrendered to US troops in 2003 shortly after the fall of Baghdad and had been a prisoner since.
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91