Prof. Steve Hanke: Venezuela "Dangerously Close" to Hyperinflation
Venezuela is "dangerously close" to hyperinflation with its inflation rate currently at 45% per month, Prof. Steve Hanke has opined.
"If inflation moves much higher, the legacy of Hugo Chavez's Bolivarian Revolution will be that Venezuela joins the rather select hyperinflation club as the 57th member," Prof. Hanke wrote in a blog.
You can read the full text of the blog "Venezuela: Not Hyperinflating -- Yet" here.
- » What is the Origin of the Weirdest Bulgarian Expressions
- » Die Welt: The Italian Mafia Returns to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Politico: Europe fakes Turkish delight
- » Politico: Europe’s Digital Single Market Hits the Bulgarian Rocks
- » Rositsa Kratunkova: Bulgaria (not) only for Bulgarians
- » Süddeutsche Zeitung: Bulgaria Should not Enter the Eurozone