Prof. Steve Hanke: Venezuela "Dangerously Close" to Hyperinflation
Venezuela is "dangerously close" to hyperinflation with its inflation rate currently at 45% per month, Prof. Steve Hanke has opined.
"If inflation moves much higher, the legacy of Hugo Chavez's Bolivarian Revolution will be that Venezuela joins the rather select hyperinflation club as the 57th member," Prof. Hanke wrote in a blog.
You can read the full text of the blog "Venezuela: Not Hyperinflating -- Yet" here.
- » Juncker: Bulgaria is an Inspiring Example for the Western Balkans
- » BBC: The Country that Brought Yoghurt to the World
- » Varoufakis: "Do not be Fooled, the Crisis is not Over and the Euro is in Jeopardy"
- » Daily Sabah: Separatists in Northwest Bulgaria Seek Autonomy or to Join Romania
- » DW: Bulgaria Takes Over EU Presidency in Turbulent Times
- » Sofia to Ban Horse-Drawn Carts For EU Presidency