TVEL to Deliver, Load Modernized Fuel into One Reactor of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy N-Plant
The TVEL Fuel Company, a subsidiary of ROSATOM, is to supply and load modernized fuel into one of the reactors of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy nuclear power plant in 2016, according to a senior official of the company.
Petr Lavrenuk, Senior Vice-President for Scientific and Technological Activities, Technology and Quality at TVEL announced the delivery for the Kozloduy NPP at the 7th international forum Atomexpo 2015 in Moscow, according to a correspondent of the BGNES news agency.
“As regards supplies of modernized fuel for the Kozloduy NPP, a contract signed in 2014 is currently in force. In accordance with the contract, we have now reached the final stage of the preparation of the necessary documents for the issuance of a license by the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency and the permit for the use of the modernized type of fuel,” Lavernuk said.
He expressed his hope that, following the existing schedule, Bulgaria’s nuclear watchdog would issue the permit to TVEL by end-2015, adding that it was possible for the procedure to drag on into 2016.
Lavrenuk made clear that TVEL’s plans envisaged the first delivery and charging of one of the reactors of the Kozloduy NPP with modernized fuel to take place in 2016.
He informed that everything was on schedule so far.
Lavrenuk declared that the coordination of the commercial terms of the contract on transporting back spent nuclear fuel generated by the two functioning units of the Kozloduy NPP was underway and he expressed optimism that the contract would be signed.
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Tesla Began the Serial Production of Solar Roofs
- » Minister of Energy: There are no Grounds for Raising the Price of Electricity
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
- » Russia has Delivered the First Quantities of Liquefied Gas in the UK