EU Funding is Available for Bulgarian Gas Hub Construction, Minister Petkova says
Our idea for the construction of a gas hub is likely to become a reality. However, in order for us to be able to apply for EU funding, the three Bulgarian projects need to be considered as ventures of common interest.
The statement was made by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova at the regular sitting of the Energy Commission to the National Assembly.
''We have all the assurance of our EU colleagues that the funding could be provided,'' added Petkova.
She further noted that the second stage of evaluations on the gas pipeline Varna - Oryahovo is now upcoming, as well as the reconstruction of the Northern Ring and the rehabilitation of the gas transit infrastructure.
Only after the procedure is properly conducted, can Bulgaria apply for EU funding.
- » Israel has Reached a Historic Deal on Egypt's Natural Gas Supply
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Negotiate the Construction of the Southern Gas Corridor Today in Baku
- » About 2000 Households are Without Power Supply in NW Bulgaria, Due to Strong Wind
- » The EU's Dependence on Gas Imports will Increase to 83% in 2040
- » CEZ: About 5 000 Subscribers in Western Bulgaria Are Still Left Without Power
- » Rising Urges Bulgaria to Meet Nuclear Power Potential