Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress
Bulgaria has signed an agreement with a delegation of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation on a donation for restoration works at the Trapezitsa Fortress in Veliko Tarnovo.
The fund donated BGN 2.5 M for the restoration and conservation of the fortress so that it could welcome visitors in the following tourist season.
The project envisages the reconstruction of the western fortress wall, the construction of an alley network for visitors, the conservation of three medieval churches, and the furnishing of a museum exhibition at the Visitors Center where all of the finds from the archaeological excavations will be displayed.
The road leading to the panoramic elevator will also be repaired.
This is the first Bulgarian-Azeri project funded by the Cultural and Historical Heritage Fund.
On Tuesday the Mayor of Veliko Tarnovo, Daniel Panov, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Prime Minister Elchin Efendiyev, the Executive Director of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Anar Alekbarov, and Bulgaria’s Ambassador to Azerbaijan, Maya Hristova, celebrated the symbolic start of the project.
The documents were signed on Wednesday at the Council of Ministers building in Sofia.
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October
- » Sofia Independent Film Festival to Support Bulgarian Cinema
- » “Creativity and Misery'' Exhibition Presents the Essence of the Human Emotional Aspect