Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress
Bulgaria has signed an agreement with a delegation of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation on a donation for restoration works at the Trapezitsa Fortress in Veliko Tarnovo.
The fund donated BGN 2.5 M for the restoration and conservation of the fortress so that it could welcome visitors in the following tourist season.
The project envisages the reconstruction of the western fortress wall, the construction of an alley network for visitors, the conservation of three medieval churches, and the furnishing of a museum exhibition at the Visitors Center where all of the finds from the archaeological excavations will be displayed.
The road leading to the panoramic elevator will also be repaired.
This is the first Bulgarian-Azeri project funded by the Cultural and Historical Heritage Fund.
On Tuesday the Mayor of Veliko Tarnovo, Daniel Panov, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Prime Minister Elchin Efendiyev, the Executive Director of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Anar Alekbarov, and Bulgaria’s Ambassador to Azerbaijan, Maya Hristova, celebrated the symbolic start of the project.
The documents were signed on Wednesday at the Council of Ministers building in Sofia.
- » Sting will Sing Twice in Plovdiv Next Year
- » Oscars: Reality Meets Dark Comedy in Bulgaria's 'Glory'
- » UNESCO Adds Rebetiko to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » "Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices " with a New Single (Video)
- » In Moscow Opened Exhibition "SuperPutin"
- » Leonardo da Vinci's Salvator Mundi is Going to the Louvre Abu Dhabi