Marinela Petreska: Anti-Gruevski Sentiment in Macedonia Runs High
The pro-government demonstration planned by Macedonian authorities for Monday is an attempt to beguile those who still refuse to realize the depth of the current political crisis in the country, the head of a Macedonian NGO said on Sunday.
“I hope that today’s protest will succeed” in bringing the resignation of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, the head of Bitola-based Association for Macedonian-Bulgarian Friendship, Marinela Petreska, told Novinite by phone.
Thousands of people demanded the resignation of Macedonia’s Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski and his cabinet at a protest rally in Skopje on Sunday.
Petreska opined that the planned pro-government rally aims to demonstrate big support for the government amidst ongoing massive protests seeking the resignation of Gruevski.
The man in the street in Macedonia would answer “Yes!” if asked whether he wants Gruevski and his government to go, according to Petreska
- » What is the Origin of the Weirdest Bulgarian Expressions
- » Die Welt: The Italian Mafia Returns to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Politico: Europe fakes Turkish delight
- » Politico: Europe’s Digital Single Market Hits the Bulgarian Rocks
- » Rositsa Kratunkova: Bulgaria (not) only for Bulgarians
- » Süddeutsche Zeitung: Bulgaria Should not Enter the Eurozone