Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
The Bulgarian Patriarch Neophyte held a memorial service marking forty days since the death of Prince Kardam, the eldest son of Bulgaria's last King and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The service, which was held in the Saint Sedmochislenitsi Church in Sofia on Saturday, was attended by members of the royal family and notable Bulgarians.
Prince Kardam passed away on April 7 from a lung infection, with the funeral ceremony taking place in a close family circle on the next day in the San Isidro cemetery in Madrid.
Kardam passed away after suffering severe injuries in a 2008 car accident in Spain from which he was permanently immobilised and never recovered.
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76
- » Givenchy, French fashion Icon, Dies Aged 91
- » The Captain of Fiorentina and the Italian National Davide Astori Died Suddenly
- » Danish Queen's Husband Prince Henrik Dies
- » Hollywood Star John Mahoney Died at the Age of 77
- » Fidel Castro's Eldest Son Commits Suicide