Bulgaria's Sport Toto Jackpot Boosted to Minimum of BGN 1 M
Bulgaria will have at least 10 millionaires from its Sport Toto lottery, Sports Minister Krasen Kralev has predicted.
In a Sunday interview with private national bTV channel he reaffirmed commitment to drastic reform in the Bulgarian Sports Totalizator (BST), a digit lottery Bulgaria has been running since 1957.
For the better part of this time, there was either no competition (under socialism) or it was weak enough for a numbers of governments to pursue reform.
The recent rise of a number of private alternative games has pushed the cabinet to adopt changes.
"Bulgarian sports lives entirely off the BST," he underlined, adding that upon his entry into the ministry last autumn he found out there las a lot to catch up in the Sport Toto compared to privately-owned competitors.
Earlier, he had also argued "the entire budget of the Sports Ministry" depends on how the game is being developed, with 18% of all revenues coming from the BST tickets purchased by players.
Damyan Damyanov, CEO at the BST, said some of the changes will be difficult to accept for winners, with awards now to be handed out in portions instead of giving the entire sum.
"People are not prepared to receive huge amounts," he added, but said the first tranche will now amount to at least BGN 500 000, with the rest handed out in monthly transfers of BGN 30 000.
Other BST reforms include scrapping the second draw in the 6/49 game.
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League