Sofia Business Park to Become Accessible by Underground on May 8
The extension of the first line of the Sofia underground to the Business Park will be launched on May 8.
This was announced by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, who inspected the construction works of the underground on Tuesday, daily Dnevnik reports.
Fandakova said that expectations were that the road traffic will decrease by 20 % after the launch of the new metro extension, as an additional 42-45 000 people will start using the underground.
The local authorities anticipate that there will also be a reduction in harmful emissions with 7000 tonnes annually, as well as 8000 less vehicles in the district of Mladost daily.
The new section, which has three stations – Aleksandar Malinov, Akademik Aleksandar Teodorov – Balan and Business Park, branches off after station Mladost 1.
Earlier in April, the extension of line 1 to Sofia Airport was launched.
- » 80% of Pedestrian Crossings across the Country Do not Meet the Requirements
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » China Vows to Hit Back as Trump Prepares Trade Sanctions
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » Telenor Officially Sold its Business to Czech Billionaire