Sofia Business Park to Become Accessible by Underground on May 8
The extension of the first line of the Sofia underground to the Business Park will be launched on May 8.
This was announced by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, who inspected the construction works of the underground on Tuesday, daily Dnevnik reports.
Fandakova said that expectations were that the road traffic will decrease by 20 % after the launch of the new metro extension, as an additional 42-45 000 people will start using the underground.
The local authorities anticipate that there will also be a reduction in harmful emissions with 7000 tonnes annually, as well as 8000 less vehicles in the district of Mladost daily.
The new section, which has three stations – Aleksandar Malinov, Akademik Aleksandar Teodorov – Balan and Business Park, branches off after station Mladost 1.
Earlier in April, the extension of line 1 to Sofia Airport was launched.
- » Volkswagen to Install 2,800 U.S. Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- » Bulgaria Air with Tickets of € 45 For the Holidays
- » Ryanair Christmas strike: Everything You Need to Know About How the Airline Backed Down
- » Bulgaria is Second in the EU to Export Ski
- » Toyota to Offer Electrified Option For All Models by 2025
- » The Bulgarian Academy of Science Report About Belene NPP will be Published After Editing