Bulgarian Admitted to All US Ivy League Universities
A Bulgarian student has been admitted to 18 top US universities, with 8 of them are Ivy League institutions - among the most prestigious schools in the world.
Stefan Stoykov made the news across the ocean with his remarkable accomplishment in a story published by INDYStar.
The 18-year old boy has been living in Indianapolis, the state of Indiana, for ten years now, after his parents emigrated to the US. Initially, he didn't know any English, but nonetheless he managed to catch up to his peers and this year scored a maximum 2,400 points on the SAT exams.
After he sent out his college applications, Stefan got acceptance from all the most prestigious universities in the US- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Cornell, Columbia University in New York, Pennsylvania, as well as Dortmund. What is more, all of them offered him scholarships on account of his excellent scores.
''I hoped to get into one of them," he said. "Now I have the chance to study at all of them."
As it turns out, his mother, who is currently working as a maid, has urged him to apply despite the high tuition fees. Stefan said that he is now willing to repay her and even helps her at work.
See the full story here.
- » How Long will the Bad Weather Continue?
- » Argentine Legally Changes Gender to Retire Early
- » Explosion at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic Killed at Least Six People
- » Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
- » Experts Forecast Total Change on the Job Market around 2030
- » Conditions For Blizzards in North Bulgaria and High Mountain Passes, Temperatures to Decrease