Bulgarian Border Police Officer Injured in Pursuit of Illegal Immigrants, Traffickers
A Bulgarian border police officer was injured in a car chase near the village of Sladun, Svilengrad Municipality, in an attempt to detain a group of illegal immigrants and traffickers.
The group was spotted near the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The patrol vehicle began to chase the two vehicles in which the illegal immigrants were being smuggled.
Alexander Raykov, senior police officer, was hit by one of the cars as he tried to approach it.
Raykov was taken to a Plovdiv-based hospital, where he underwent surgery for an arm injury.
His life is not in danger.
Three Bulgarian nationals and seven illegal immigrants were arrested, according to the Border Police unit.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the case.
- » Two Women Beaten by Men in Sofia's Borisova Garden
- » 5 People from Bourgas are in Custody due to a Bar Brawl in Sozopol
- » Mother Killed her 1-year old Child in Stamboliyski
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Detained a Criminal Group for People Trafficking
- » Two People are in Custody for an Attack of a Man and his Pregnant Girlfriend on Trakia Highway
- » 34 Members of Organized Crime Group were Arrested in Italy