Bulgarian Border Police Officer Injured in Pursuit of Illegal Immigrants, Traffickers
A Bulgarian border police officer was injured in a car chase near the village of Sladun, Svilengrad Municipality, in an attempt to detain a group of illegal immigrants and traffickers.
The group was spotted near the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The patrol vehicle began to chase the two vehicles in which the illegal immigrants were being smuggled.
Alexander Raykov, senior police officer, was hit by one of the cars as he tried to approach it.
Raykov was taken to a Plovdiv-based hospital, where he underwent surgery for an arm injury.
His life is not in danger.
Three Bulgarian nationals and seven illegal immigrants were arrested, according to the Border Police unit.
Pre-trial proceedings were opened into the case.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert