Bulgarian Sprint Champion Tests Positive for Doping
Georgi Georgiev who has won the title in the 60 meter sprint at the National Athletics Championship, was caught with a positive doping test.
The sportsman from club Athletic Sofia that has also won the national title in the 100 meter sprint has been tested after his winning run in the sports hall in Dobrich on February 14. The first A doping test was positive, registering a forbidden stimulant.
Georgiev won the competition in the short sprint with 6.79 seconds, with Yuri Bojeryanov and Teo Petrov coming in second and third respectively.
Curiously enough, athletes who scored third and fifth in the semifinals - Stanislav Stanishev and Nikolay Todorov did not compete in the final round. Thus, only four people competed in the decisive start.
Merely days prior to the win in the national championship, Georgiev also triumphed in the Academic tournament that also took place in Dobrich. He scored better than his competitors with a spectacular time - 6.8 in the semifinal, and 6.84 in the final round.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells