281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
Since the beginning of the new year, 281 migrants have been detained as they attempted to cross the Bulgaria-Romania border illegally.
This was announced by the department of the Border Police in the Bulgarian city of Ruse, private bTV station reports.
The vast majority of migrants were detained at the border checkpoint Danube Bridge, which links Ruse with the Romanian town of Giurgiu.
The last two such cases were on Monday evening and Tuesday morning, when a total of seven illegal migrants were detained.
Three Syrian citizens attempted to bypass the border checks at the bridge, but were detained by a patrol.
Another four migrants from Afghanistan were detained in Ruse on a freight train, which was traveling from Turkey to Germany.
The detained people will be transported to the distribution centre for illegal migrants in the town of Elhovo.
- » NSI: Poverty Line for Bulgaria Was BGN 308.17 in 2016
- » Trade Union in Interior Ministry to Consider Protests Against Low Wages
- » Trial of Burgas Airport Terrorist Attack Fails to Start for 5th Time
- » 6 from Judges’ Quota Elected for Bulgaria’s Next Supreme Judicial Council
- » The Bulgarian Justice Minister is on a Working Visit to Brussels on 19 and 20 June
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Any Administrative Burden or Delay Create Tension in Society