Superhighway Projected to Connect US, Great Britain Through Russia
New transatlantic project involves the construction of a superhighway between the US and Great Britain passing through Russia, as reported by CNN.
The highway will most probably be 20,000 kilometers long, with starting point in Great Britain and then local stops in Berlin and all across Russia, and will have its last stop in Alaska, USA.
According to the news report, the proposal has been made by Russia and the first project blueprint has been presented for the very first time to Russian President Vladimir Putin by the Head of Russian Academy of Science, Vladimir Fortov on March 23.
It, however, was not discussed how the highway will enter the US, whether there will be a ferry provided, or whether a tunnel or a bridge will be connecting the continents.
Additionally, a Trans-Siberian railway, as well as oil and gas pipelines are also planned to run alongside the superhighway, the Daily Mail reported.
According to preliminary rough estimations, the total cost of the project will amount to billions of dollars.
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas