Superhighway Projected to Connect US, Great Britain Through Russia
New transatlantic project involves the construction of a superhighway between the US and Great Britain passing through Russia, as reported by CNN.
The highway will most probably be 20,000 kilometers long, with starting point in Great Britain and then local stops in Berlin and all across Russia, and will have its last stop in Alaska, USA.
According to the news report, the proposal has been made by Russia and the first project blueprint has been presented for the very first time to Russian President Vladimir Putin by the Head of Russian Academy of Science, Vladimir Fortov on March 23.
It, however, was not discussed how the highway will enter the US, whether there will be a ferry provided, or whether a tunnel or a bridge will be connecting the continents.
Additionally, a Trans-Siberian railway, as well as oil and gas pipelines are also planned to run alongside the superhighway, the Daily Mail reported.
According to preliminary rough estimations, the total cost of the project will amount to billions of dollars.
- » UN: Bulgaria is in the Group of Developed Economies, But not the Rich
- » Nato Reappoints Jens Stoltenberg as Chief Until 2020
- » By 2020: 50% of the World's Electric Vehicles will be in China
- » Google Forwards more Traffic to Media Outlets than Facebook
- » After more than 2 Years of Delay, the Tallest Building in China is Now Open
- » Over 300 Flights were Canceled at Brussels Airport