KTB Majority Owner Withdraws from Botev Plovdiv PFC
Tsvetan Vasilev, the majority shareholder at troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), is transferring his assets in the football club of Botev Plovdiv to the team's fans.
Until now, fans were already in possession of a minor share in Botev Plovdiv.
Vasilev announced the news on his private website [BG], adding the decision was a result of a "total attack" aimed at fully tarnishing his reputation and also damaging that of "every person, every company, even every idea and dream" that have any relation to him.
"Realizing all this... I decided that the best way I could help you at this stage is to leave things in your hands," Vasilev's statement reads further.
Vasilev says he deliberated the decision a long time and that it was a tough one to take.
He confirmed he was the club's owner in 2011 and embarked on major projects to lead the team to success, but was forced to stem the flow on investment as the crisis at KTB began in the summer of last year.
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia