Bulgaria Interior Minister Meeting with Top US, Canada Officials
Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova is currently in the US to hold talks with heads if domestic security agencies.
She is set to meet the chairs of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), as well as US Attorney General Eric Holder according to a statement from the Interior Ministry.
A flight to Canada will follow these official visits, where the Bulgarian minister will take part in working meetings in Parliament and will have conversations with Minister of Public Safety Steven Blaney and Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander.
Bachvarova was appointed earlier in March after her predecessor, Veselin Vuchkov, stepped down.
Her visit to Canada will be the fist-ever paid by a Bulgarian Interior Minister.
FBI Director James Comey was on a visit to Bulgaria the same day Vuchkov handed his resignation.
- » BSP donated books to the Bulgarian Cultural Center in Skopje
- » President Radev Accepted an Invitation for a Meeting for Erdogan
- » Borisov: We will not Recall Bulgarian Diplomats from Russia
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna will Happen after All
- » US Embassy in Sofia Was Bugged by Communist Bulgaria's Intelligence till 1990, Ex Spy Reveals
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Тalks with EU President Donald Tusk