Bulgaria Interior Minister Meeting with Top US, Canada Officials
Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova is currently in the US to hold talks with heads if domestic security agencies.
She is set to meet the chairs of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), as well as US Attorney General Eric Holder according to a statement from the Interior Ministry.
A flight to Canada will follow these official visits, where the Bulgarian minister will take part in working meetings in Parliament and will have conversations with Minister of Public Safety Steven Blaney and Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander.
Bachvarova was appointed earlier in March after her predecessor, Veselin Vuchkov, stepped down.
Her visit to Canada will be the fist-ever paid by a Bulgarian Interior Minister.
FBI Director James Comey was on a visit to Bulgaria the same day Vuchkov handed his resignation.
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment
- » Bulgarian President: 'We Should Not Allow a Double Standard in the Accession of the Member States to the Schengen Area'
- » Erdogan is in Warsaw on a First Visit to an EU Country after a Coup Attempt
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture