Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
The Healthcare Commission in Bulgaria’s Parliament has approved the nomination of Glinka Komitov for new Chairman of the state-run National Health Insurance Fund NZOK.
The term of office of the current NZOK Chairwoman Rumyana Todorova has expired.
Komitov has been nominated by GERB party, the biggest partner in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
“The efficient management and spending of funds will be key priority” for NZOK, Komitov said at the hearing at the Healthcare Commission on Tuesday.
Komitov had served as NZOK deputy director and headed the Sofia Region branch of NZOK until 2013.
Spending by NZOK in 2015 was increased by more than BGN 3 B compared to last year but the fund will be unable to provide financing to to hospitals that become operational in the current year or start additional activities eligible for national funding.
- » About 300-400,000 Bulgarians Probably will be Ill in the Next Month, Chief State Health Inspector
- » Most People with Flu are in Pernik, Pazardzhik, Gabrovo, Blagoevgrad and Stara Zagora
- » Flu Epidemic in Pernik
- » First Proven Case of Hong Kong Flu in Bulgaria this Year
- » Almost 4 Tons of Food will be Destroyed
- » Nearly 60% of Medicines Imported into Bulgaria are Being Re-Exported to Europe