Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
The Healthcare Commission in Bulgaria’s Parliament has approved the nomination of Glinka Komitov for new Chairman of the state-run National Health Insurance Fund NZOK.
The term of office of the current NZOK Chairwoman Rumyana Todorova has expired.
Komitov has been nominated by GERB party, the biggest partner in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
“The efficient management and spending of funds will be key priority” for NZOK, Komitov said at the hearing at the Healthcare Commission on Tuesday.
Komitov had served as NZOK deputy director and headed the Sofia Region branch of NZOK until 2013.
Spending by NZOK in 2015 was increased by more than BGN 3 B compared to last year but the fund will be unable to provide financing to to hospitals that become operational in the current year or start additional activities eligible for national funding.
- » The Sale of 21 Tonnes of Unfit Meat has been Stopped
- » Equal Access to Medicines is a Priority for Bulgaria and the Netherlands
- » 460 000 Bulgarians Live with Diabetes
- » Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful
- » Dark Chocolate is Useful for Treating High Blood Pressure
- » The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Denies that Meat with Antibiotics Reaches Consumers