Agriculture Ministry, Tobacco Producers Agree on Distribution of BGN 107 M in Top-up Payments
After nine hours of debates between senior officials of Bulgaria’s Agriculture Ministry and representatives of organizations of producers of different brands of tobacco, agreement was reached on the distribution of a total of BGN 107 M earmarked for top-up payments in the sector.
The two sides agreed on the following method of distribution, according to the press office of the Agriculture Ministry:
Tobacco of the Basmi variety group: 0-1000kg - BGN 39 per kg; 1001-2000kg – BGN 3 per kg; 2001- 45 million kg – BGN 2 per kg;
Kaba Kulak Type Tobacco - BGN 1.58 per kg;
Burley tobacco - BGN 1.15 per kg;
Virginia tobacco - BGN 0.91 per kg;
The decision is to be approved at a meeting of the Consultative Council on Tobacco next week.
Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, reminded that the money allocated under the state budget was not a subsidy for the production of tobacco but for the reorientation to other alternative cultures.
Stressing that the opportunities of the state for supporting the tobacco sector decreased with each year, she made clear that tobacco producers could apply for funding for their new projects under the Rural Development Program 2014-2020.
- » Hungary in no Rush to Join Euro Zone, Minister Says
- » 80% of Pedestrian Crossings across the Country Do not Meet the Requirements
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » China Vows to Hit Back as Trump Prepares Trade Sanctions
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017