Parliament Elects Daniela Daritkova as New Healthcare Commission Chief
Bulgaria’s Parliament on Thursday elected Daniela Daritkova as head of its Healthcare Commission, replacing Gen. Stoyan Tonev.
Daritkova is member of Parliament from GERB, the largest party in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
The lawmakers on Wednesday voted Gen. Tonev out of office. He resigned a day earlier over allegations of wrongdoing and corruption at Sofia-based Military Medical Academy at the time when he was its director.
Daritkova briefly headed the Healthcare Commission during GERB’s previous government (2009-2013).
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » Macron Receives Prestigious German Charlemagne Award for his Vision for Future Europe
- » Putin will Visit Turkey on December 11th
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Goes on an Official Visit to Serbia
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018