Parliament Elects Daniela Daritkova as New Healthcare Commission Chief
Bulgaria’s Parliament on Thursday elected Daniela Daritkova as head of its Healthcare Commission, replacing Gen. Stoyan Tonev.
Daritkova is member of Parliament from GERB, the largest party in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
The lawmakers on Wednesday voted Gen. Tonev out of office. He resigned a day earlier over allegations of wrongdoing and corruption at Sofia-based Military Medical Academy at the time when he was its director.
Daritkova briefly headed the Healthcare Commission during GERB’s previous government (2009-2013).
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna is far from Certain
- » The Venezuelan Consulate in Miami may be Shut Down Because of Unpaid Rents
- » Reactions in the National Assembly on the Sale of CEZ's Assets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Initiate Fighter Jet, Armored Vehicle Procurements this March
- » The Minister of Energy Resigned
- » Stoltenberg: Russia is Interfering with the Interior Affairs of the Balkan Countries