Man Barricades Himself in His Home, Opens Fire on Neighbors’ House, Police
A 35-old-year man, who had barricaded himself in a house in the Sofia district of Gorna Banya after a quarrel with the neighbors, opened fire on the windows of his neighbors and a police patrol.
Slightly after 7 pm on Thursday, police received a tip-off for a man who was shooting at a house of his neighbors, most probably with an air gun, according to reports of Sega daily.
A team of police officers was dispatched to the site immediately and the area was sealed off.
Police officers found out that a 35-year-old man had locked himself in a room of his home and refused to go out.
At around 3 am on Friday, he climbed onto the roof of the house and started shooting at the police officers, causing minor injuries to one of them.
Once his bullets ran out, he started waving around a sword and a T-shirt with the Bulgarian flag.
Shortly after 6 am on Friday, the man turned himself in to the police, jumping from the roof of the house on a canvas.
He was taken away from the site on a stretcher.
He has been hospitalized and is condition is stable.
According to preliminary reports of the Sofia District Directorate of the Interior, as cited by the Focus news agency, the man was suffering from a mental illness.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » From 2019, Bulgaria will Vote Electronically in all Elections
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » A Tourist was Killed after an Accident in a Cathedral in Florence
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens