Mayor of Bulgaria's Haskovo Proposes Gated Refugee Camps
Harmanli Mayor Hristo Liskov has sent a letter to Bulgarian PM and all political parties in Parliament. He has stated that the temporary refugee camp in the city should become gated.
The letter specifies 10 cases of incidents of criminal nature serving as justification for the proposal, as reported by Mediapool news website.
''More police reinforcements need to be provided in public places in the city,'' Liskov said.
The request is based on popular public opinion and civil protests, as announced by the Haskovo municipality.
Last year the European Commission rejected the proposal made by Bulgarian government to create gated refugee camps in the country. The Commission stated that such conditions would be similar to imprisonment and should be used only in extraordinary cases.
On Wednesday Bulgarian Parliament decided to continue the construction of the fence at the border with Turkey.
- » Belgium Sets Minimum Age For Joining Social Media at 13 Years
- » Greek Аuthorities Seized Over 400 Tons of Harmful Food Imported From Turkey Today
- » Safet Khalid from the Village of Zaritsa Sheltered 5 Storks
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
- » Yellow Warning on Glaze for All of North Bulgaria
- » Awards For ''Worthy Bulgarians''