Mayor of Bulgaria's Haskovo Proposes Gated Refugee Camps
Harmanli Mayor Hristo Liskov has sent a letter to Bulgarian PM and all political parties in Parliament. He has stated that the temporary refugee camp in the city should become gated.
The letter specifies 10 cases of incidents of criminal nature serving as justification for the proposal, as reported by Mediapool news website.
''More police reinforcements need to be provided in public places in the city,'' Liskov said.
The request is based on popular public opinion and civil protests, as announced by the Haskovo municipality.
Last year the European Commission rejected the proposal made by Bulgarian government to create gated refugee camps in the country. The Commission stated that such conditions would be similar to imprisonment and should be used only in extraordinary cases.
On Wednesday Bulgarian Parliament decided to continue the construction of the fence at the border with Turkey.
- » It Is Saint Thomas Sunday
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Three French People In Hospital After Car Crash Around Simitli
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » Sofia World Cup 2017 Is Coming on 5 May
- » Donors Campaign for Books Being Organized on The World Book and Copyright Day