Ancient Tomb Discovered in Downtown Varna
An ancient tomb has been discovered during repair works in the center of the Black Sea city of Varna.
The repair teams stumbled upon the tomb on Thursday. Its approximate whereabouts had been known since the beginning of the 20th century, the Bulgarian National Television reports. Back then, it was briefly explored but sealed as construction was ongoing throughout Varna.
Archaeologists say the object, lying on Nezavisimost Square between the city theater and the State Archive, was located beyond the walls of Odesos, the ancient city that was once situated where Varna is now.
An option to start restoration and include the tomb into the square's landscape.
- » An Ancient Port City was Found near Naples (Video)
- » Archaeologists Found the Oldest Gun in the World (Video)
- » Archaeologists Investigate Roman Reservoir in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Scientists have Discovered Antarctica Plants from the Ancient Continent of Gondwana
- » The Ancient Egypt Museum in Cairo Shows the "Screaming Mummy"
- » A Tile with the Oldest Script in the World is Found Near Nova Zagora