'Islam Needs Reform,' Journalist Ivo Indzhev Says after French Magazine Attack
The problem with Islam is not just fundamentalist, but also fundamental, the well-known Bulgarian journalist Ivo Indzhev told Novinite after the attack on France's satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.
Wednesday's incident has so far (as of 13:44 GMT) claimed 12 lives and left 10 wounded.
Indzhev, who is also an Arabic Studies graduate and has explored issues related to Islamic extremist organizations, has described the attack as just one of a chain including both Denmark and Germany.
In his words, such a development is unlikely in Bulgaria since the media landscape here is unable to produce xenophobia.
Organizations of radical Islamists in the West "have turned out to be a reservoir of terrorism in the Middle East," Indzhev believes.
"[Radical Islamists] are both using modern technologies and at the same time failing to realize that the world has gone well beyond the Middle Ages, when disputes were solved by means of terror," he warns.
- » Juncker: Bulgaria is an Inspiring Example for the Western Balkans
- » BBC: The Country that Brought Yoghurt to the World
- » Varoufakis: "Do not be Fooled, the Crisis is not Over and the Euro is in Jeopardy"
- » Daily Sabah: Separatists in Northwest Bulgaria Seek Autonomy or to Join Romania
- » DW: Bulgaria Takes Over EU Presidency in Turbulent Times
- » Sofia to Ban Horse-Drawn Carts For EU Presidency
The bombing of the secular governments of Lybia and Syria brought to Europe several millions of Muslim refugees that will reproduce and will never be integrated.
in addition of millions that re already there and will continue to com
stupid fascists like Ivo Indjev never objected against this.
The consumer societies were late to react to the growing danger. and they will be destroyed.
And it is going to be violent.
It is the world history that is showing this.
Europe is going to be a Muslim continent.