Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
Cyprus has returned to Bulgaria three ancient pieces of jewellery, part of Bulgaria`s cultural heritage.
According to cyprus-mail.com, the items were smuggled to Cyprus through the post in 2006 and were withheld by customs authorities under legislation for tracing and returning cultural items smuggled to an EU member state.
The tree pieces of jewellery were handed over to Bulgaria’s ambassador to Cyprus by the Director of the Antiquities Department at a ceremony held at the Cyprus Museum on 18 December.
- » Archaeologists Discover Large Roman Building under Tree Where Coin Hoard Was Found in Bulgaria's Mezdra
- » Archaeologists Find Ancient Thracian Fortress near Bulgaria’s Burgas Bulldozed by Treasure Hunter
- » Archaeologists have Discovered the Earliest Known Drawings of Dogs (Video)
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It