Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
Cyprus has returned to Bulgaria three ancient pieces of jewellery, part of Bulgaria`s cultural heritage.
According to cyprus-mail.com, the items were smuggled to Cyprus through the post in 2006 and were withheld by customs authorities under legislation for tracing and returning cultural items smuggled to an EU member state.
The tree pieces of jewellery were handed over to Bulgaria’s ambassador to Cyprus by the Director of the Antiquities Department at a ceremony held at the Cyprus Museum on 18 December.
- » The Ancient Egypt Museum in Cairo Shows the "Screaming Mummy"
- » A Tile with the Oldest Script in the World is Found Near Nova Zagora
- » Archaeologists have Discovered Ancient Facilities for Beer and Bread Production
- » Israeli Archaeologists have Discovered a 1800 Years Old Mosaic
- » Historical Mosques in Bulgaria Awaiting Restoration
- » Fortress Tower of Odessos Found by Chance in Bulgaria’s Varna Affirms Data about Odd Byzantine District Quaestura Exercitus