Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
Israel told Bulgaria of the Shia group Hezbollah's involvement in the 2012 terror attack after an alleged informant disclosed details to the country's intelligence service Mossad, an Israeli daily wrote on Thursday.
Jerusalem Post cites a report of Beirut-based Daily Star according to which Hezbollah has placed one of its operatives on trial for "treason."
Mohammad Shawraba, a Hezbollah member, reportedly informed Mossad of five attacks the movement was planning and thus foiled the operations.
"Hezbollah's suspicion of a double agent surfaced after Bulgaria accused it of responsibility for the 2012 bus bombing in the Black Sea resort town of Burgas that killed five Israel tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver," Jerusalem Post writes.
More specifically, the Daily Star claims "Shawraba, 42, informed Israel, which relayed the tip to Bulgaria."
Ynetnews, another English-language Israeli media outlet, cites "sources" saying the "Mossad informant" had acted "as the chief of the unit in charge of foreign operations".
This year, exactly two years on from the July 18 attack, Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS) officially disclosed the name of the man behind the attack at Sarafovo airport and also pointed to him as part of a wider group including two other people who had used fake driver's licenses to enter the country and prepare the act.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria
This is why we should be concerned, a worldwide concern about the creation of ghettos, lawless enclaves and of people whom active create ghettos and lawless enclaves for their own life style purposes.
Bad people hide in ghettos, sometimes very bad people. That is seen around the world.